It has been a real pleasure working with the knowledgable, professional and courteous staff of Pro-Line. They have always provided competitive products, with exeptional quality and good lead times.
DOT Sales Company, Rick Rodriguez (California)
We have worked with Pro-Line for 10 years. Their products and service are second to none. I would recommend Pro-Line to anyone.
J Industries, Inc., Jeff Foster (Illinois)
PRO-LINE SAFETY PRODUCTS CO.
1099 ATLANTIC DRIVE, UNIT #1
WEST CHICAGO, IL 60185
PHONE: (630) 876-1050
FAX: (630) 876-1038
APPLICATIONS & INFORMATION
Pro-Line Type CU HDPE 30 MIL is a solid, copper tracer wire designed for applications not exceeding 30 volts. Tracer wire is used to conductively located buried utility lines for the gas, water, sewer, telecom and electrical markets. This wire may also be used for underground pet fence systems.
- 100% Copper Conductor.
- Corrosion Resistant
- 30 Mil, High-Density, HMWPE Insulation, and Direct Burial Rated.
- RoHS Compliant, Direct Burial Rated, 30 Volts.
- Moisture, Chemical, and Oil Resistant
- Impact, Crush, and Abrasion Resistant
- User-Friendly and Flexible with No "Recoil".
- Made in the USA
STANDARDS & REFERENCES
Pro-Line Type CU HDPE 30 MIL conductors meets or exceeds all applicable ASTM specifications, requirements of the National Electrical Code.
- ASTM B-3: Standard Specification for Soft or Annealed Copper Wire
- ASTM B170: Standard Specification for Oxygen-Free Electrolytic Copper
- ASTM D1248: Standard Specification for Polyethylene Plastics Extrusion Materials for Wire and Cable
- ASTM D1238: Standard Test Method for Melt Flow Rates of Thermoplastics by Extrusion Plastometer
Pro-Line Type CU HDPE 30 MIL copper conductors are annealed copper (soft drawn), insulated with a high-density, high molecular weight polyethylene (HDPE) insulation. HDPE provides an excellent balance of surface smoothness, processing ease and electrical consistency. HDPE provides superior strength against underground elements that help prevent accidental breaks caused buy rocks in shifting soil conditions.
- Available in black, blue, green, orange, purple, red, white, and yellow. Some colors standard, some subject to economic order quantity.
WEIGHTS, MEASUREMENTS, AND PACKAGING
CU HDPE 30 MIL TRACER WIRE (FOR SPECIFYING ENGINEERS)
Tracer wire shall be a (14, 12 or 10 AWG SOLID HDPE 30 MIL) copper conductor with a 30 mil thick, high-density, high molecular weight polyethylene (HDPE) insulation and rated for 30 volts. Insulation and jacket shall be RoHS compliant and utilize virgin grade material. Insulation color shall meet the APWA color code standard for identification of buried utilities. Tracer wire shall be Pro-Line Safety Products or approved equal and made in the USA.